27 September 2013

Two Months and Counting

Exactly two months ago yesterday, I came here to the "land of the brave" and to what they also coined as the "land of milk and honey". I came to live an independent life away from what I used to - family isn't here, friends, the usual people I got to deal with almost everyday. Much independence has been attained since I started living alone in an apartment unit here in NC. The idea of starting out is very stressful but thankfully, I did manage that. I somehow should get used to this independent living routine because I know this is what it takes to be here. I have concerns though in terms of food. I can't find foods like the ones I got used to way back home. Thus, the reason why I keep on craving and missing the foods that satisfy my palate. Another thing that I find so hard to adjust is the weather. Being a cold intolerant person, I can't withstand cooler temperature especially in the early morning and in the evening. I always hide behind my comforters whenever I feel so cold. Work wise, I still am a trying hard newbie. I am trying to get a grasp of many things. I knew it takes time to get hold of everything but the power of optimism prevails in me. I know in time, I can manage my tasks my way. 

Overall, I am trying to fit in to this environment I am into. 
And I am holding on to my faith that GOD is up there to help me get through all these adjustments.

No comments: