Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their lyrics. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Stevie Wonder. The song's lyrics are in bold.
1. I JUST CALLED TO SAY I LOVE YOU “I just called to say I love you. I just called to say how much I care. I just called to say I love you, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart”
What did your last conversation revolve around on the phone? ** twas my mom asking me if i was heading home at 1am from work
2. SUPERSTITION “When you believe in things That you don't understand, Then you suffer, Superstition aint the way”
Do you have a crazy habit or superstition you must perform in certain situations, such as throwing salt over your should when you spill it? **yeah like knocking on the wood when a lizard is making its own sound such as tok tok tok!;)
3. SIR DUKE “Music knows it is and always will Be one of the things that life just won't quit But here are some of music's pioneers That time will not allow us to forget”
If you had to pick a music milestone event or invention, what would it be? **It would still be about Michael Jackson's concerts, I really mean concerts! Such great milestones to remember.
4. YOU ARE THE SUNSHINE OF MY LIFE “You are the sunshine of my life, yeah, That's why I'll always stay around, You are the apple of my eye, Forever you'll stay in my heart”
What besides your significant other brings sunshine to your life? ** My dreams which are my inspirations to strive harder with life.
5. LIVING FOR THE CITY “Her brother's smart he's got more sense than many, His patience's long but soon he won't have any, To find a job is like a haystack needle, Cause where he lives they don't use colored people”
Have you ever been denied a job or treated differently at a job for an unusual reason ? **Yes when I applied as a food crew way back in college.
6. THAT GIRL “That girl thinks that she's so smart, That soon she'll have my heart. She thinks in no time flat, That she'll be free and clear to start”
Ever been pursued by someone who wanted you but you didn’t want them? **Yes.
7. I WISH “I wish those days could come back once more, Why did those days ev-er have to go
I wish those days could come back once more, Why did those days ev-er have to go
Cause I love them so”
What era of your life do you miss the most? **My mid 20's where it was all about travel and accomplishments.
8. HIGHER GROUND “Powers keep on lyin', While your people keep on dyin', World keep on turnin'
Cause it won't be too long”
Do you believe global warming will continue to worsen? **I bet so.
9. PART TIME LOVER” We are undercover passion on the run. Chasing love up against the sun, We are strangers by day, lovers by night. Knowing it's so wrong, but feeling so right.”
Have you ever dated someone you shouldn’t have because they were married or “taken”? **Yes.
10. SIGNED SEALED DELIVERED ” Then that time I went and said goodbye, Now I'm back and not ashamed to cry. Oo, baby, here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!”
Ever try it again with an old flame? What happened? **None.
11. MY CHERIE AMOUR “Maybe someday, you'll see my face among the crowd. Maybe someday, I'll share your little distant cloud. Oh, cherie amour, pretty little one that I adore, You're the only girl my heart beats for, How I wish that you were mine”
Who was your very first crush? Did they return the emotion? **Dino. Nope.
12. GOLDEN LADY “Golden lady, golden lady I'd like to go there. Take me right away.”
Ever get a tanning salon/ fake tan? Do you still worship the sun? **I still worship the sun. ;)
13. ALL IN LOVE IS FAIR “I tossed my coin to say In love with me you'd stay. But all in war is so cold
You either win or lose. When all is put away, The losing side I'll play. But all is fair in love…”
What is the worst aspect of breaking up/divorce? **The thought bout moving on.