09 August 2009

Sunday Stealing: The Now Vs. Then Meme

Today we ripped this meme off a blogger known as Tattooed Minivan Mom from the blog The Scattered Mind of a Tattooed Minivan Mom. She explains that she got it from Janana Bee. It appears Jana might have actually written this meme. But, it could have stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Cheers to all us thieves!

Sunday Stealing: Janana's Now Vs. Then Meme
It's been a while since we had to post rules. But here we will list the relevent ones:

*Think back to ten years ago on this month.
*Write truthful answers and ELABORATE. This makes it more interesting!
*If you don't have a scanner you may omit #14 but I think if you do you should totally do it!
*It's about personal changes. Have fun with it!

Then: August 1999

1. Age: *21

2. Romantic Status: *Single

3. Occupation: *A TSR (Telesales Representative)

4. Fun night out: * When our agency had a night out @ Isla Reta Beach Resort in Samal

5. My BFFs: *Maui, Agnes, Azon, Stanley (My DM Cards Family)

6. I spent way too much time: *bumming around since it was just a part time job

7. I spent not enough time: *looking for an intellectually stimulating job =)

8. I wanted to be when I grew up: * an accountant

9. Biggest concern: *becoming jobless

10. What my biggest concern should have been: * not having to land on a job for long

11. Where did I live: * in our Davao house

12. Dumbest thing I did that year: *dating someone whom I have feelings for but the possibility of having a relationship with him is way too impossible!

13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: * those were your not-so boring days! =)

14. Picture of me then: *none =)

Now: August 2009

1. Age: 31

2. Romantic Status: *Single

3. Occupation: *nurse

4. Fun night out(s): *seagull mountain resort escapade with friends where we got drunk and danced til dawn.

5. My BFFs: *Love, Donna D.

6. I spend way too much time: *complaining yet loving work-related stuff =)

7. I spend not enough time: *giving time for myself and my personal life

8. I want to be when I grow up: *oh well, am a grown-up now, hehehe!

9. Biggest concern: *not becoming successful in my career and personal life.

10. What my biggest concern should be: * not having a child/children whom I can call my own.

11. Where do I live: *Davao house, same house I've lived 10 years ago.

12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: * hurting someone who's way younger than me.

13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: * "You'll be more happier in the next years to come!"

Summary:

1. What do I miss most from 1999: *the time I spent with my family

2. What do I miss least from 1999: *my becoming jobless

3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: *pursuing a noble job in the health care industry where I get to meet people from all walks of life. I have somehow touched their lives when they needed comfort the most.

4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: * unstable personal life =)

10 comments:

Arlene said...

wishing you a more stable personal life! Maybe he is just down the road and you will get to meet him in due time. :)

Happy Sunday!

Rims said...

Yeah being jobless hurts but now when we look back its a good times we have and we should simply enjoy :)

happy Sunday!

seaprincess72 said...

happy sunday stealing!

Hazel said...

loving work-related stuff - lucky you! i couldn't say that to myself. happy sunday!

Americanising Desi said...

hail to single hood!

Then vs. Now

Hootin' Anni said...

...and a noble job indeed!!!! [from your 'summary']

My Sunday Stealing is posted if you can find time today to stop by and visit. Have a Super day ahead of you.

I am Harriet said...

Funny how nobody is posting pictures :)
Have a great Sunday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/1999-versus-today.html

shopannies said...

you are so right being a nurse is a noble job maybe not as fun as a beach bum but noble. I worked in the nursing field for many years and can not tell you how close we got to many of the families that we touched

Tilli said...

I love your optimism, I'm absolutely convinced you'll be happier in ten years! I'd love to think all us Stealers will be. Great answers =)
xoxo

Marites said...

hoping for a more stable personal life for your soonest. nevertheless, seems you've done better through the years! that's really good:) MY SS is up too.