07 February 2009

Lake Agco Weekend Getaway

This is actually a long overdue post since it happened weeks ago but it's better late than never that's why am making a post about it now. Well, my circle of friends did plan last year that we will have an out-of-town trip January of this year in celebration of Donnah's birthday. We agreed to have it on a weekend, thus making me excited for the trip. I even made some arrangements with my work skeds. Originally, the plan was to spend her birthday in a certain beach resort in General Santos City but later decided we hit Lake Agco Resort in Kidapawan City. So everything was planned prior to our departure.

Last January 10, 2009 at around 1:00PM, 5 of us hit the road bound for Kidapawan City aboard Donna's (our another friend, not the celebrant) Kia car with Gio as our driver,hehe. I was awake the whole time during the trip since it was my first time to set foot in Kidapawan City.We had junk foods to have something to eat during the trip. It took 2 hours before finally reaching Kidapawan City. We stopped over at Davao Central Warehouse so we could buy all the things needed. When we were all set, we finally moved on with the trip heading to Lake Agco Resort in Ilomavis, Kidapawan City, just before PNOC. Roads have become bumpy as we went along the way. It was raining lightly too making our friend driver slowed down since the roads have become wet while we have gone cam whoring inside the car. I can't remember how many hours were consumed just to be on our way to the top with our small cute car. Funny cos nobody in the group knew where exactly is the appropriate road that will take us there. Thank God we're able to ask some residents in every barrio we passed through. It was almost dark when we reached Lake Agco Resort. It was still raining lightly while we got all our things inside the car, went to the main entrance, paid our fees, and finally decided to get a room. Yes, it was really super duper cold and we're like freezing that's why we opted a room instead of an open cottage. When we finally became settled inside the room (the room that costs 500php), we got all our foods prepared by the birthday celebrant and laid them on the table. We got many foods to consume LOL. Sobra, sobra jud! We got spaghetti, pancit, lumpia shanghai,patatim, and a whole lot of junk foods to keep us alive,hahaha! Since it was too cold because we're located at the foot of Mount Apo, we just had some music tripping, a few sips of wine, picture taking, and silly conversations. We slept early with five of us in just one small bed positioning vertically so all of us can fit in. It was great I brought my "malong" with me because it was way too cold in there. I closed my eyes past 10:00PM and off to dreamland. We woke up early so we could make the most of our stay at Agco. Bread and coffee went fine with us as our breakfast, thus helping us beat the cold temperature too! It was before 7:00AM when we decided to go to Jacuzzi Steam and Spa in a nearby area to explore the place. Entrance fee is only an affordable 10 pesos for each who wants to enter and explore the area. As we went inside, we have gone cam whoring right away. Here are the pics we got:



We had a first glimpse of the Hot Jacuzzi pool but we decided to explore more before we hit the hot waters. There, we had the chance to pose at the Sauna Cave. It was really hot inside. We were told that the waterflowing is enough to make a hard boiled egg,LOL! I just can't bear inhaling the smoke that's why I didn't stay longer inside. Then we headed to up to the trail. We're supposed to go the mud pool but unfortunately it wasn't open for the public. At least we got to appreciate the foggy area. See them behind those?
After that we're supposed to be back to the Hot Jacuzzi pool to pamper ourselves with its warm water however we got a sign pointing to where the waterfalls is located. Because of such eagerness to get a glimpse of that body of water, we headed down just following the not-so-clear trail despite the mud, the dirt and everything. It was a hard way walking and following on the trail. I almost missed my grip on the roots of big trees. My slippers were stuck with mud. However, it was all worth the effort when we reached there. We really had fun bathing under the falls.


We're like silly little kids jumping like there's no tomorrow. We also took a lot of pics with excitement obviously drawn in our faces. Since we only got a few more hours left, we agreed to go back, up where the hot jacuzzi pool is located. Returning back was much easier. We even went up fast that when we're finally up to the top, I was palpitating, seeking for more air to breathe in. There was that adrenaline rush but it gave me a very uncomfortable feeling. I even thought I'd go on hyperventilating. I rested for a few minutes while they waited for me. Still, I was able to smile in the pics despite having the palpitations I got. On our way back, we immediately went to the hot jacuzzi pool and had gone bathing. We took pictures again (plenty actually!).



Since it's almost time to go home, we went back to the resort. We supposedly like to take a dip on the cold pool but we're feelin cold again. Besides, we need to check out before lunchtime. We took pictures instead and went back to the cottage, taking turns in taking a bath while we prepared for our trip back home. We left the resort past 10:00AM plying the same route. Now, going back was much easier again cos we no longer have to trudge to the top. Instead, all roads are heading down to the city proper. Along the way, we took some pictures too. It wasn't a long trip no more since we exactly hit Kidapawan City in less than an hour. It was past noontime when we reached the city. We searched for places where we could eat for lunch. Good thing, a friend of mine suggested we check on "Sariling Atin" at Kidapawan Country Club. It's a good thing we did not have a hard time to locate the place. There we filled our stomachs with sinigang and beef steak. Right after lunch, we headed back home. But before leaving totally, we took a pose on one of Kidapawan's landmarks. After taking some pics, off we went back home. I was asleep for more than an hour along the way. We reached Davao City late afternoon at around 3:00PM I think. Well, I really had a good time during that weekend getaway with friends. Sa uulitin!:)

8 comments:

ody said...

Hi. Do you have any contact details of Lake Agco Resort? We are planning to have a visit to that place. It looks nice...

I do appreciate if you reply to this.
You can email me at odycua@yahoo.com

Thank you

^Nessa^ said...

hi!
we have been there last december 2008.I tell you it was really great at lake agco!!

Hmmm.. GRrr.. graveh!! It seemed were freezing in the ref early in the morning(nag overnight kasi kami). Ang halos mamanhid ng mga kamay namin and with my companion too.. Halos di na makatext.
jejeje

ANyways.. Nice talaga dun.. you will feel the freshness of nature!!

Marco said...

Welcome to Kidapawan!

>serioushomebuddy< said...

hello!
nice to hear your great experience at Lake Agco. I am planning to go there this July with my family...
I just want to know how much is the cottage if you're planning to go overnight?
Can't wait to go there.. I'm going home to Davao City this July (my bday) so I'm planning to treat my family to an out of town trip!
I would greatly appreciate any reply.

zhob said...

HELLO!
nice to hear your great experience at Lake Agco. we are planning to go there this march 2010.
I just want to know how much is the entrance and cottage if you're planning to go overnight?
or do u have any contacts in the resort?

I would greatly appreciate any reply from u.

email me at algguems_89@yahoo.com

dodong flores said...

Nice photos...
Nice write up of the experience...
I'd been to Lake Agco but I should say I only enjoy half of the experience since I didn't take a bath of the sulfuric waters. Maybe on my next visit...

Rodie said...

MY DAUGHTER AND I IS PLANNING TO
WE LIVE IN HONOLULU HAWAII, AND COMING HOME,MARBEL FOR MY DAUGHTER SCHOOL SUMMER VACATION.

HAVE A MONTH VACATION IN PHILS, AND ONE IN OUR BUCKET LIST IS LAKE SEBU, 2ND IS LAKE AGCO, I LOVE SPA,SAUNA, STEAM, MUD POOL, MASSAGE. LAST YEAR I WENT TO VIETNAM FOR ALL OF THE ABOVE;THIS TIME I TRY PHILIPPINES COZ IT IS CHEAP JUST LIKE VIETNAM,AND PEOPLE ARE NICE.ESP. MY FAMILY, LOVE,LOVE.
ALSO LOVE NATURES,TOUCH,AND FEEL THERE FRESHNESS, IS SOO COOL.COLD IN THE MORNING IS NOTHING COMPARE TO SNOW IN JAPAN, ACTUALLY I LOVED COLD WEATHER, COZ I LIVE IN A HOT HAWAII. WELL I DONT KNOW......SEE YOU GUYS NEXT MONTH,THAT IS JULY 23,2010 MUHWAAAAAAA!
MAHALO FR HAWAII

brian said...

Great photos. The place is really awesome. I visited it quite sometime now, and like you, I really enjoyed the place too.

By the way, more power.

-Brian

fun weekend getaways