05 January 2009

On Being Single

Funny how some people react when they learned that I am still single. They just couldn't believe that I still am. Sometimes I'd look at my body wondering if it was because of my tummy bulges that made them think I already got kids. I even tried checking on my face if I got those unwanted wrinkles that could suffice the idea why they considered me a family woman either.

Yes! I still am single. I am not even marrying yet nor had I been engaged. I am not even nourishing a relationship now. I am just living my life one step at at time. Most of my life now evolves heavily on my job. I am busy preparing myself in harnessing more of my skills in preparation for what lies ahead in the next coming years.

However, I don't mind committing myself to someone. I still yearn to have a family of my own someday. I want to raise my own family with lovely children to take care of. I want to know how it feels like to be a mom and a wife BUT that would have to wait. It pays enough to wait so they say.

For now, I am enjoying every moment of my single life. Need I say more? :)

No comments: