29 August 2008

Domain and Webhosting Confuses Me :)

Yep! This is really true. Domain and web hosting stuff got me confused. I really don't have any idea how these two works. All I know is that I could anytime buy a domain here @ Blogger at an affordable price. But how about web hosting? Do I also need one when I buy my own domain? Lol. I admit I am just too ignorant about all these things. Blogging ra jud ako nabal-an ba, lol!:) Can anyone shed me a light over these matters? If I get to buy my own domain here, do I need some web hosts, or is my blog gonna work out fine without them? :) Tsk, tsk, tsk.. confused japun ko.. lol!:)

3 comments:

genny said...

just visiting my friend...and EC dropping....

Ria said...

I am in the same boat as you are Marie =) At first, I settled for blogspot as my webhost but decided to buy my own domain name thru Blogger.com. I paid US$10 for a year. I didn't go to another webhost as the transfer of files are such hassle. But, if you decide to get your own domain name, your page rank will revert to zero. It's a sacrifice you have to take but to have your own domain name is more rewarding...

Check out my post about this at:
http://www.riablahgs.com/2008/08/does-it-matter.html

Blog District said...

In order to establish an existence for your personal website ie, your own domain name, you must apply at one of the reliable web hosting companies over the web. Mei hosting packages sila so ikaw mamimili kung anung plan ang gusto mo... if you are planning to get one, sabihiin mo lang sakin. mei itatayo kasi kami na web hosting company na mura lang ang plan. =)